Deutsche Telekom is moving closer to a sale of Scout24 Group, its online portals subsidiary, according to sources cited by Reuters.
The German telecoms incumbent is on the verge of appointing Goldman Sachs (New York City, NY, USA) to manage the sale of the unit, with German media groups Bertelsmann (Gutersloh, Germany) and Axel Springer (Berlin, Germany) both reckoned to be interested in a takeover, according to the Reuters story.
French telecoms regulator ARCEP has introduced rules allowing Bouygues Telecom, the country’s third-biggest operator, to use its 1800MHz spectrum to provide 4G services.
Until now, the spectrum has been reserved for use with much older, 2G services, but the ARCEP decision means Bouygues (Paris, France) will be able to introduce LTE technology in the 1800MHz band from October 1 this year.
It will, however, be forced to relinquish some of its 1800MHz holdings so it does not gain an unfair advantage over its rivals.
Telecoms conference: The telecoms industry is in a period of unprecedented change, where new revenue sources are grasped by those with the agility to respond to opportunities quickly. In this environment, smart collaboration, along with operational and functional innovation is imperative. Telecoms Tech World brings together leading telco firms, service providers, equipment manufacturers and OTT players to promote closer working, encourage valuable connections and forge pioneering relationships across the sector.
After the Great Success With a solid background and rich experience in organizing high value Telecom conferences, Fleming Gulf is delighted to announce the 5th Annual edition of Win Your Customer- Telecoms in Africa : Customer Retention and Profitability Summit.
Swedish network equipment maker Ericsson has signed a five-year deal to manage the networks of Atlantique Telecom, the African subsidiary of Middle Eastern telecoms giant Etisalat.
The contract will see Ericsson (Stockholm, Sweden) manage all of the mobile networks of Atlantique Telecom, which serves about 10 million customers in Benin, the Central African Republic, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Niger and Togo.
Atlantique Telecom says the deal will allow it to focus on the development of value-added services and tailored offerings for its customers.
The French telecoms regulator ARCEP said it had asked prosecutors to investigate Microsoft Corp's Skype for failing to register as a telecom operator.
Skype (Luxembourg City, Luxembourg) has not complied with the regulator's repeated requests to register as an "electronic communications operator", ARCEP said in a statement on Tuesday.
The regulator said that since Skype let users make voice calls to fixed and mobile numbers in France and around the world, it had an obligation to allow emergency calls and permit legal interception of calls when required.
The UK government’s commitment to improve broadband access across the country has received a boost from news of a fiber-based broadband deal between telecoms incumbent BT and Lincolnshire County Council.
In a statement on its website, the operator said it would provide superfast broadband services to 88% of premises in Lincolnshire – home to about 715,000 UK residents – by April 2016, and ensure the remaining 12% can access services of at least 2Mbps by the same date.
The company says it was chosen following a competitive selection process.
Vodafone and France Telecom are teaming up on the rollout of a €1 billion ($1.3 billion) fiber-optic broadband network in Spain.
The two operators aim to cover 6 million households and business premises – representing about 40% of the country’s population – in 50 cities by September 2017.
Services are expected to be available from January 2014, and to cover 800,000 housholds and workplaces by March 2014 and 3 million by September 2015.
Bosch Software Innovation GmbH (Berlin) is well known for its business-process software products – some of which are used to supervise pipeline networks for major energy companies like Gazprom and E.ON. Bosch Software chose CeBIT 2013 to unveil a new, integrated software suite for what it calls the “Internet of Things & Services”.
Fuelling the current momentum in the connected-car market, Telenor Connexion has revealed that Japan’s Fujitsu Ten has become its latest telematics customer.
In a statement published on its website, the M2M subsidiary of Telenor (Fornebu, Norway) said that Fujitsu Ten (Kobe, Japan) would use its “connected service solution” for its Remote Engine Start telematics service – a so-called “aftermarket” product the company plans to deploy overseas.