Sprint (Overland Park, Kan.) on Tuesday announced the launch of Sprint Command Center, a centralized, self-service portal that controls M2M devices and services, as well as allows businesses to control provisioning, billing, management and application development of their own M2M devices.
Sprint Command Center allows businesses to manage services via Web portal or direct API access, while also leveraging existing enterprise applications to control devices and services. According to Sprint, users can manufacture customizable devices, test connectivity and deploy to the field before generating monthly recurring charges via automatic activation triggers. Companies can add, remove, suspend and un-suspend devices, view detailed and summary usage records and billing information, and create custom user notifications based on usage thresholds.
Additional key features and benefits include:
- Secure platform and connectivity for protected access
- Remote control of key management tasks
- Add, remove, suspend or un-suspend devices
- Automated pre-provisioning, activations and un-suspensions
- Pre-planned (by date/time, usage, etc.) or on-the-fly management
- Development tools, including kits, modules, hardware and service plans